Applications for the Parade are due September 1st, 2023!
The Sycamore Pumpkin Festival Parade Committee would like to thank you for your interest in the 2023 SYCAMORE PUMPKIN FESTIVAL PARADE. A limited number of applications are accepted, so send your application in early!
GENERAL PARADE DETAILS & THEME DECORATIONS
- Sunday, October 29, 2023
- Parade steps off at 1:00 pm
- This year’s theme is “Pumpkins of History”. Please utilize this theme when planning your entry decorations. Please keep in mind that the original intention of the festival and the parade was for the kids. Your unit is expected to be “crowd pleasing” in its decorations and/or performance.
APPLICATION, FEES & INSURANCE
- APPLICATION: Application, Fees & Insurance must be complete in order to be approved & accepted by the Pumpkin Festival Parade Committee. All entries must be submitted by SEPTEMBER 1, 2023. Late entries will not be accepted without prior approval of the Pumpkin Festival Parade Committee.
- NEW FOR 2023: NO political units will be allowed in the 2023 parade due to previous incidents. This includes, but is not limited to signs, banners, t-shirts, or flags for any candidate or party and political displays of any kind within an approved participating unit.
- FEES: First Responders (Police, Fire, and EMT’s), Family and Neighborhood float entries, Youth groups who will be walking in the parade (no vehicles) do not pay an entry fee. Youth groups with a vehicle are required to pay the entry fee. All other entries require a $30 fee per entry or vehicle. The Pumpkin Festival Committee will make the final decision on what groups qualify, and whether a fee is required. Payments may be made by PayPal by clicking on the PayPal instructions on our website or by Check.
- INSURANCE: ALL MOTORIZED VEHICLES (including golf carts) MUST submit a Certificate of Insurance showing limits of coverage and listing the Sycamore Pumpkin Festival as an additional interest for Sunday, October 29, 2023 – no exceptions. Copies of insurance cards or declarations pages are NOT acceptable. Your organization or your insurance agent may send a pdf via email directly to the parade chair at PFestParade@gmail.com.
- Upon application submission, you will receive a confirmation email of receipt. If your unit is not accepted, you will be contacted be email by September 25, 2023. If selected, an information packet including a map showing your ASSIGNED STAGING LOCATION will be emailed after October 15, 2023.
- All floats, motorized vehicles and walkers will be staged starting at Borden and Park Avenues and going west on Borden. Horse Units will be staged in the area of Ideal Industries on Borden & Park Avenues.
- The staging and de-staging areas are congested, so please carpool, drop off and limit vehicles in the staging area as much as possible. Entry to the staging area will be one way, entering from West Prairie Drive.
- We have limited locations for entries that play music or use horns/sirens due to the number of bands and performance groups we have. Please do not play music or sounds if it is not required for your unit. Units emitting excessively loud music or sounds from their parade unit will not be permitted to continue in the parade.
- In order to be judged, the entry must be a float, vehicle with performers accompanying it or performers. Entries will be judged on theme continuity, originality, general appearance & complexity. Judges will make the final determination if an entry qualifies to be judged.
- Judging of the parade entries will be done from 11:00am – 12:30pm PRIOR to the start of the parade. Please have your entire group assembled at your lineup location no later than 11:00am, if you plan to be judged. Trophies and banners will be awarded prior to 1:00 PM. You may carry your trophy on your float.
- REMINDER: If you wish to have the banner announcing your group as the division winner, displayed in front of your unit, please plan to provide at least 2 people to walk in front of your unit to carry the banner.
- Place cards will be given for 2nd and 3rd place to carry on your float; however, these need to be returned to the parade committee at the end of the parade route.
Please READ & SIGN the PARADE RULES page along with your application, payment & insurance (if required).
Entry Fee: $30.00 for all organizations except First Responders (Police, Fire, and EMT’s), Family and Neighborhood float entries, and Youth groups with no motorized vehicles.
One Additional Motorized Unit: $15.00
- Paypal – Instructions
- Check – Make checks payable to the SYCAMORE PUMPKIN FESTIVAL COMMITTEE
To be considered a Completed Application submission, your entry must include:
- Signed Rules, Guidelines and Information page
- Fee (if required)
- Certificate of Insurance showing Limits of Coverage and listing the Sycamore Pumpkin Festival as an additional interest for Sunday, October 29, 2023 (for each motorized vehicle in the parade)
Completed applications must be submitted digitally or postmarked by September 1, 2023
Got questions…? Email firstname.lastname@example.org